Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Is It Fall Yet?

Fall is late this year. I am patiently waiting for the leaves to turn, a little frost on the grown, the smell of fireplaces and chili cooking on the stove. I am tired of mosquitoes, fleas and ticks. It is the middle of October and in the mid-80's, what is up with that? If my Grandmother was alive, she would explain what this means, but she is gone so I am left to just wonder.... Are we going to have a mild winter? Are we going to have a bitter cold, dry winter? Elderly people know these things - they have lived it. I guess I will learn too... if the Lord is willing and the creek don't rise.

Busy week, but with the help of Zanax, I am going to get through it. I feel the tension in the office, but I am trying to be cheerful. When I walk in, they stop talking - I hear them whispering, DRIVES ME CRAZY, but I can't do anything about it, so I am plugging along. I hate being there, but I have bills to pay, so what are you going to do?

My husbands birthday is next week and I want to get him something special, but I can't think of anything - any suggestions? We were going to spend a weekend in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia, but that fell through. We have rescheduled that for next month. At least I have something to look forward to.

I hate politics and will be so glad when November gets here, maybe that is when fall will arrive?

No comments: