Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Ramblings

I had my first comment and feel pretty good. Thanks for the support and encouragement Leigh!!! Blogging is fun and like you said, a lot cheaper than therapy.
I did not go to Market Day yesterday and regret it. I go every year, but my husband came home yesterday after being gone all week and I felt guilty about leaving him. His truck was broke down and he had to spend the week in Shullsburg, Wisconsin. He was not a happy camper!
Oh, I forgot to explain what Market Day is. Market Day is a big feastival held on historic Water Ave in downtown Selma. Vendors from all over bring in their arts and crafts, set up booths and sell them. There is food such as funnel cake, blooming onions, mystery meat on a stick and much more. There is also local entertainment such as bands, cloggers, line dancers, church chiors, puppet shows, etc . I usually buy Christmas presents and end up spending too much money.
You see people you haven't seen since the last Market Day, it is a lot of fun. My daughter came from Montgomery for Market Day and didn't come see me. She said she thought I was gone to a conference. Anyway, miscommunications and I didn't get to see my child
My husband and I had a great day watching college football. Alabama was not playing so we watched Georgia/Tennessee and Florida/LSU. We cooked out and had a very nice day.
My volunteer fire radio went off last night about 7 and I was already in my pj's so I didn't respond. I am so glad I didn't because, it was a 10-50 (wreck) and a young man was killed. I am so grateful I did not see such a grusome sight. My heart goes out to the family of the victim. I can't imagine getting that knock on the door or that call. I have been so blessed and thank God for watching over us.
Tomorrow is going to be very busy, I don't want to think about all the stuff on my desk. I dread it, but I have got to get back to reality.

No comments: