Monday, October 13, 2008

Manic Monday

Well, I have to go back to work today. I am ready, it is time to get back to reality. I have thoroughly enjoyed my vacation and I feel rejuvenated. Ready to conquer the world!!!
I was scheduled to go to Perdido Beach for a conference, but my MOM has been sick and I want to stay near in case she needs me. I have 2 brothers and 5 sisters, but .... I am the oldest girl and my MOM needs me. One of my brothers is in Iraq and one of my sisters lives in Dothan, so they can't really help. I have one sister who has shall we say, " some dependency problems with certain beverages and chemicals". My other siblings live near by and my Dad is in fairly good health, but I have to admit that I have a certain way with MOM that the others don't have. I am sympathetic, but realistic. I am a very good listener and fairly knowledgeable about her condition. She lost her colon and rectum a few years back, but does not have a bag. They made her this pouch that acts like part of a colon. She has uncontrollably diarrhea and very intense back pain that is where her bones are brittle and hitting nerves. The doctors say she is not a candidate for back surgery, so she suffers constantly. Before losing her colon, she was very active and now she is very limited cause she needs to be near a restroom. She is very depressed and makes statements about ending it all. I know she would never commit suicide, but it scares the heck out of me. Please pray for my MOM.

No comments: