Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gotta Love him

My 19 year old son is going to try to find a job today. He is going to the job fair at the local junior college. I will make sure he is dressed nice and accompany him there so I can indeed verify he is searching for a job. He is a sweet talker, so maybe today will be the day. Of course if he gets a job, he will work like a month or so and then quit because of some random reason. This kid has had more jobs in a year than I have had my whole life and I am pushing 50. Can't understand why he can't figure this out. No job= no car+no money+no life. This is not hard to understand.

He keeps talking about going to college. My reply, "Great, go for it, get a student loan, fill out the paperwork". Since MOM won't do it for him, he just sits around and talks about it. I just paid $625.00 for his second noise violation. (The first one cost $325.00 which he paid cause he did have a job at the time).

I almost let him go to jail, but I couldn't bear the thought of him being some big greasy guys' b***ch. Could you? Of course not. As I cashed the check cause you have to pay in cash or money order, I said Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday for several years there big man. Hate that you can't growup and quit playing your music so loud that you get hauled off to jail - makes no sense.

His father is going to FREAK OUT when he finds out. Hopefully I can get by without having to tell him. Oh well, what ya gonna do? His Dad would say something like, "Jail will be good for him, atleast he will have a roof over his head, food to eat and it will make a man of him". Can you believe that? This is my child - my baby. I can't send him to jail and ruin his life. Why? It would be different if he was on drugs, killed someone or committed a violent crime, but he played his music too loud while riding down Broad Street. I just took his car away and jerked the system out of it too. That should fix the problem, right?

Oh well, thank God my husband is in Delaware or Iowa who knows? He drives a truck and only comes home on the weekends. He doesn't have a clue about anything except truck stops and mile markers and exits - DRIVES ME CRAZY, but I love him. He is a good person, just has no patience!!!! I pray everyday that he doesn't go to jail himself for an act of road rage.

Everyone has their problems and this is mine. Prayer and Zanex really help.
Hopefully he will find a job, get a car, get a place of his own, grow up and enjoy his life.

2 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Raising kids is hard work! I live through it by praying ALOT!

Delaware Job Hunters said...

This article reminds me of this quote, "Seasonal unemployment was found to be a state which does not have much employment, for example, rural areas."

But there are career experts who conduct seminars giving advice about the needed skills to compete in today's competitive job market.