Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

I am excited about the Thanksgiving holiday. My very large family will meet at my parents in Wetumpka. There are 30 of us. I have two brothers and five sisters. My baby brother and his family will not be there - because he is in IRAQ and she and my two nieces live in Plymouth, Massachusetts. My two nieces Sarah and Heather, who go to college in Chicago will probably not be there. One of my nephews, Josh and his wife Becky, live in one of the Carolinas I am pretty sure they will not be there either. So There should be 22 people in my parents house Thanksgiving Day. Thank God they have a very big house!!!!

Mom makes the dressing, turkey and ham. We all bring drinks, rolls and our assigned side dishes. Today I will go ahead and prepare my dishes hash brown casserole and potato salad. We will have so much food it is unreal. We will eat, talk, laugh, draw names for Christmas, play canasta, rook and liverpool rummy.

We have girls night every couple of months. We take turns having it at each of our houses, but it is always at Mom's the Friday after Thanksgiving. All my sisters and I will meet back at Mom's at the crack of dawn, hit all the early bird sales, eat and laugh all day, and then spend the night. We will do karaoke, gossip and eat some more. I love traditions!!!

This year we have a lot to be thankful for. Alabama is winning!!!! Just kidding (not really) our family is one in a million. We truly love and enjoy being with one another. My best friends are my sisters. They always have been and always will be. I don't particularly like two of my brother in laws, but can't do anything about that - I tolerate them.

My husband should be in sometime today. He will go to his father's house tomorrow and that is fine with me. That way he is not rushing me. We have done this for the last few years and it seems to work pretty good. I love his family, but they have a very small house and they just sit around and watch TV. It is not too much fun. My niece will bring her twins who are like 2 years old and I don't do well around young children. My nephew owes my daughter over $1,000.00 and has made no attempt to pay her back. I am one who can't pretend to like you if I don't. It is just one of my personality flaws. They will do what they do and I will enjoy my family. Yes, my mother-in law makes the best dressing, but Ray will bring me some home.

Well, I better get up and at em. I have a lot to do today. I start my new job Monday and I just can't wait. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: