Saturday, November 1, 2008

I am FREE

Well, it finally happened. I quit my job. I can't believe it, but I did. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I know I have not blogged for a while so let me tell you the drama I have been going through these last few weeks.

You can tell from my previous blogs that I have been having some problems with a disgruntled employee and a horrible, vendictive, arrogant, ignorant, unsupportive boss - who just happens to be the Probate Judge & Chairman of the County Commission.

Well, on October the 17th, I was abruptly called into the HR Directors office where I was told I was being placed on a week of paid Admin Leave, due to complaints from my staff. She did not tell me what these complaints were, but she told me to respond to them in writing by Monday the 20th. Then she told me to leave and give her the keys to the county truck. I was in shock, but I did exactly what she said.

When I got home, I called my attorney (who just so happens to be the county attorney too). He told me to get the complaints in writing and then respond honestly to them. I did this thinking I would get to face them and respond to these complaints. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.

What I discovered was the county had abolished the due process procedures and all county employees work "at will". This was not good, I knew my A$$ was grass.

Well, people in the community started writing letters and calling their commissioners and the probate judge. This made them furious. How dare their constituants question them about internal county business. Can you believe they actually said that?

Anyway, to make a very long story short, I knew I was gone. The Judge has been gunning for me for a while - mainly because I did not kiss his a** and I stood up to him when he was wrong.

After I was placed on another week of paid admin leave, I saw the writing on the wall - I resigned before they could terminate me. It felt good - it felt real good!!!

Now today in the Selma Times Journal you have got to read this article. It will blow your mind.
Here is the link - http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/news/2008/oct/31/dallas-county-ema-director-resigns/

Seems to me he wanted my job all along- I should have figured as much. You know power and authority can make you so blind, he actually thinks he can do it, the man has gone off the deep end.

So, that is my story and I am sticking to it. I have put in applications for the State and other counties. I got my ranking back from the state and guess what - I am number 1 on the register. I am so excited. Please pray for me and the citizens of our county that we don't have a disaster.

2 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

COngrats and good luck on the search for a new beginning.

Anonymous said...

No one likes a hostile work environment- including Drama Mama!